Search This Blog

Sunday, September 27, 2009

ASHTAMI MIDNYT'S dream.........!!


I am still in a state of disbelief that I actually did this……last night….at around 1am I went to hop around the Pandals & then came back at 4:30am. Kolkata was not Kolkata yesterday night it had turned into a city of Fairs, Crackers, Colors, Light, Merriment…and indeed a city of Joy. I could see weary faces drenched with sweat & exhausted but strangely people from six to sixty there was a smile fixed with Fevicol in everyone’s face….Because its DURGOTSAV here!
I had a bitter experience in my childhood while hopping around pandals I got stuck in the crowd
and the force of it was killing. It was suffocating, I don’t remember how did I come out, but it was enough for me to decide never to go for such a mis-adventure!
But a big thanx to my so called enemy who cared to take me to Pandal hopping and crushed my misconception with my stiletto heels about Puja outings! It was really really fun!! Even though I was physically exhausted but mentally I was bubbling like a champagne! I was just simply not willing to go back home! Just imagine people at 3'o clock in the morning having Chaat, Phucka, Aloo Kabli, Roll, Moghlai.....and riding joy rides n Giant wheels etc. ......God!! baache budhe sab, "Sab" kha rahein the....
I had the idea, that one should hire a car or have a two wheeler to roam around. But trust me all u need is a guide or a person who knows the place well.........I was surprised when my companion said lets take a bus...I was awestruck to see there were full on bus services all night. I knew about whole night availability of metro rail...but about the buses, I was...??? The streets appeared like it does in any week day in peak office hours...the sergeants were busy controlling the traffic and barring erratic drivers from using no-entry roads!!
There were People who were wearing sports shoes with Kurta and Sarees...as they know they might have to keep walking for 5-6 hours! I was surprised to see their enthusiasm...and thot oh God what an idiot I am, missed all these fun for all these years...........Bheed thelay j ki anondo!! ;P (its fun pushing along the crowd).
I could just never realize that it would b so much exciting...even I had the desire to dive into the bizarre of having Aloo-Kabli at 3pm but then dropped the idea as my companion wasnt thrilled about it! :P
All I know pple go crazy during Durga puja........and this time even I drenched myself in the rain of that over excitement which one should experience once in their life..all u need is a comfrotable shoe and a good guide who knows the routes well........(I wish everyone have a foe like d oneI have!) ;-p

No comments: